2008年6月2日月曜日

I LEARN THAT I AM ON AN ISLAND

WORDS
Where:Robinson Crusoe for Children I LEARN THAT I AM ON AN ISLAND

Spread out
Context:North, south, east, west, the land and the sea were spread out before me.

Definition:cover a large area
The country was spread out around us ,wild and harsh.

Hawk
Context:I thought it to be some kind of a hawk and shot it.

Definition :a large bird with a short ,hooked bill ,sharp claws ,and very good eyesight .

Creep
Context:Then I crept inside and lay down to rest.

Definition:move very slowly ,so that you hardly notice that it is moving
Here and there ,little breezes crept over the water.

At length
Context:At length I fell asleep and knew nothing more until broad daylight the next morning.

Definition:at last
At length ,he returned.

It is important to learn the evironment around us when we are in trouble ,and then we can find the way to resolve our problem.




1 件のコメント:

sai さんのコメント...

Thank you!