2008年4月13日日曜日

Robinson Crusoe

words
where:Robinson Crusoe for Children I WISH TO BE A SAILOR

1.wreck

Context:There were many storms at sea, and ships were often wrecked.

Definition:a ship is sunk or is damaged so much that it can no longer sail

Many Spanish vessels were wrecked off the North American coast .

Where:Robinson Crusoe for Children I MAKE MY FIRST VOYAGE

2.gale

Conext:Were you frightened by that little gale

Definition:a very strong wind

There seemed to be a gale blowing all the time ...



In fact ,I do really like reading novels of foreign coutries ,I have read some novels which is considered perfect all over the world ,for example GONE WITH THE WIND .I think you can see the differences between defferent nations .But what I have read is translated into Chinese .I do really want to try to read these written in English .But if it is too difficult ,I think I will be tired of reading . So I think these for children are just fit us ,just like this one .

4 件のコメント:

Kirk Masden さんのコメント...

I really glad to know that you are enjoying Robinson Crusoe! In this class, I think that the levels of English skill differ quite a bit from student to student so it may be difficult for everyone to read the same materials. It will be particularly difficult for everyone to read at the same pace. Accordingly, if you find that Robinson Crusoe is no longer interesting for you, I think it would be fine for you to read other materials instead. I'll post a message about this on my blog.

By the way, have you been able to listen to the audio? I hope that listening to the audio will make your study more enjoyable.

Finally, the pink color you used was a little hard to read. Perhaps a darker color would be better.

Thanks again for your excellent work!

Kirk Masden さんのコメント...

After I posted my comment, I noticed that I had made a mistake. I wrote

"I really glad . . ."

but I meant to write

"I'm really glad . . ."

Sorry for my mistake.

sai さんのコメント...

I'm sorry .It is really hard to read the pink words .I will change to another color the next time .
And I can't listen to it on my computer.

Kirk Masden さんのコメント...

Let's talk about how you can listen to the audio files on Tuesday. See you then!