2008年4月22日火曜日

I AM SHIPWRECKED

Words
Where:Robinson Crusoe for children I am shipwrecked

At length
Context:At length all things were ready for the voyage ,and I went on board the ship .

Definition:eventually ,after a long internal or period of time

There was another silence ,at length Claire said ,"you mean you're not going?


Swiftly
Context:The ship sped swiftly on her way ,and every one was happy and hopeful

Definition:move very quickly

He walked swiftly towards home down the dark street.

Cabin
Context:I ran out of the cabin to look

Definition:a small room in a ship or boat in which people live or sleep

Lull
Context:In the lull of the storm we rushed again to the deck.

Definition:a period of quiet or of a little activity in a longer period of greater activity or excitement

After a lull of several weeks ,there has been a resumption of bombing
Sling...over
sling --slung
Context:We slung her over the ship's side
Definition:put something over somewhere quickly and carelessly

His few bits of clothing were slung over a string on the wall.

I believe a good novel is the one which can tell the details lively .Just let the readers feel themselves in the scene ,with the people in the story ,sometimes worried for them ,sometimes chear for them.










1 件のコメント:

Kirk Masden さんのコメント...

Thank you! I think you are doing very, very well!

I noticed that some of the letters on your blog are not visible. I don't know, however, what might have caused this problem.